IEC 61850 Test Suite Pro
The 61850 Test Suite Pro is a Windows™ application with the most comprehensive set of tools in the market today to cover all of your IEC testing & troubleshooting needs in the lab, during the commissioning process, and ongoing maintenance in the Substation.
61850 Test Suite Lite is a version of Test Suite Pro with access to fewer features for a lower price. Please see the attached comparison chart for the difference features available in each tool.
Based on the SCD file, Test Suite Pro can guide you through the process to identify and solve problems in the substation design and realization. When you do not have the SCD file of the system, Test Suite Pro will discover the system using the standard IEC 61850 services and visualize the result for you.
With Test Suite Pro you can:
- Quickly get an overview of the system status
- Verify a device or system is configured as designed in the SCD file by comparing the SCD file against the actual configuration of the system.
- Track GOOSE messages on the network to identify streams that are present and check their configuration, the presence of simulated streams and streams that are missing.
- Analyze the status of GOOSE subscriptions in each IED based on LGOS.
- Automate testing of control operations and observe the result, i.e. for regression testing.
- Visualize signal flow between IEDs and logical nodes within an IED.
- Show timing between signals exchanged by GOOSE or reporting with a virtual logic analyzer.
- Verify as part of unit testing that a device is sending and receiving the GOOSE messages as configured in the SCD file using GOOSE Tracker and GOOSE Publisher.
Distributed Test Manager
Simulate multiple IEDs for testing IEC 61850 substation gateways, HMIs, RTUs, or SCADA system. DTM has several capabilities to automate system level tests to stimulate devices under test with multiple events from GOOSE, Reports, Controls, or other Simulated IED messages.
Import Substation – simulate all the IEDs for a substation based on SCD file configuration parameters including communications, data models, data sets, reports, and GOOSE
Gateway/RTU Testing – test the mapping of IEC 61850 reports, GOOSE, and controls to SCADA protocols like DNP3, IEC 101, IEC 104, and Modbus
HMI Testing – verify that the substation HMI displays correct data from IEDs and sends controls to IEDs properly
Load Testing – verify performance specifications for device under test during worst case events for GOOSE or Reports from simulated IEDs
SCL Navigator is a Windows™ application for creating, viewing, editing, and verifying IEC 61850 System Configuration Language (SCL) files with an intelligent editor.
The tool makes it easier to work with SCL files:
- View SCL files with simplified XML view or as an interpreted data model
- Create IED Capability Description (.ICD) files with standard IEC 61850 logical nodes and
data objects (Ed. 1, 2, or 2.1)
- Manage data templates with the option to edit, reuse, or clean templates
- Verify SCL Files with results that are highlighted in the editor
Source Code Libraries
Implement IEC 61850 in your device or application. Supports full capabilities of MMS (Client/Server), GOOSE, and Sampled Values.
Proven Reliability – our IEC 61850 protocol stack have been integrated into hundreds of different IEDs, HMIs, RTUs, monitors, merging units, and relays that are deployed around the world
Faster Development – our dedicated support and protocol expertise ensure your development is on schedule and testing goes smoothly
ANSI-C Library – designed for high performance embedded IEDs or clients which are built on Real Time OS (RTOS). A target layer implementation is provided for Linux® and Windows®.
C++ Library – designed for creating IEC 61850 applications on a wide variety of platforms with a powerful API to shorten development
.NET Components – designed for development of Windows™ and Linux-based applications
- Java Components – designed for development of Windows™ and Linux-based applications
SCADA Data Gateway
A Windows™- or Linux-based application that is a flexible protocol translator and data concentrator for IEC 61850 substations. Translate IEC 61850 MMS or GOOSE to standard SCADA protocols like DNP3, IEC 60870-5 (-101, -102, -103, -104), Modbus, ICCP/TASE.2, and OPC.
Map Data and Controls – support for mapping a wide variety of data types and controls from IEC 61850 to SCADA protocols including -7-410 (Hydro), -7-420 (DER) & IEC 61400-25 (Wind)
Complete Solution – unlike other solutions, translate directly from IEC 61850 to SCADA protocols with no need for intermediate drivers for OPC
IEC 62351 Security – support for IEC 62351 including secure authentication, role based access, and TLS encryption
Large Scale Deployments – support for up to 200,000 points
Verify SCL Files for syntax, model parsing, and compare to IEC 61850 standard requirements.
Verify GOOSE – verify GOOSE configurations for publishers and subscribers are complete and can be parsed by other tools including communications, control blocks, data sets, and external reference inputs
Verify Reports– verify Report configuration is complete and can be parsed by other tools including control blocks, data set, and data model
Verify Controls – verify control models in each IED are configured so that controls can be operated by clients
Compare to Standard – verify that the data model follows the requirements in the IEC 61850 standard
Sign-up For Our Newsletter!
Get the latest news and product updates from Triangle MicroWorks